General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
PARMAX protects its customers’ personal integrity. This data protection policy explains how Parmax collects and uses personal data. For further questions regarding privacy and data protection, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When a customer contacts Parmax for the purchase of a product, the customer agrees to Parmax Data Protection Policy and to the processing of his or her personal information. The customer also understands that Parmax uses electronic communication channels to send information to the customer.
In order to offer products, Parmax needs to process the customer’s personal information according to the points below. Parmax does this with the utmost regard for the customer’s personal integrity.
What information does Parmax collect?
Collection and Use of Data
This data protection policy covers data collected online and offline, including personal information that Parmax may collect through multiple channels, such as websites, social media, phone or e-mail contacts, events and tradeshows. Parmax may combine personal data collected in a one way (e.g. from a website) with personal data collected in another way (e.g. from a tradeshow).
Personal information that the customer provides to Parmax: Customers may directly or indirectly provide Parmax with information about themselves and their company in a variety of ways; such as during a request for a product or service sold by Parmax while ordering a product from its website, while requesting Parmax newsletters, while interacting on social media channels, while making a purchase, or during contact by email, letter or phone.
This information may be:
- Personal contact information: Name, invoice and delivery address, e-mail address, mobile phone number, position at company etc.
- Payment Information: Billing Information, Bank Account Number, etc.
Information that Parmax collects: When a customer comes into contact with Parmax, Parmax may collect any of the following information:
- Personal contact information such as name, invoice and delivery address, e-mail address, mobile phone number and position in the company.
- Product or Service Information: details about the products or services the customer has purchased or shown an interest in purchasing.
- Financial information: any credit, debts or negative payment history.
- Historical information: previous purchases, payment and credit history.
- Device information: e.g. IP address, language settings, browser settings, time zone, operating system, platform and screen resolution.
- Geographical information: customer’s geographical location.
The information given to Parmax, the information Parmax collects about the customer, and the information about products or services and financial information is generally necessary in order to enter into a contractual relationship, while other information Parmax collects is generally necessary for other purposes, as described below.
What does Parmax do with the information?
Supply, perform and improve services: all data is used to supply, perform and improve service. Parmax deals with personal data with the main purpose of fulfilling its contractual obligations and complying with applicable legislation.
Who is the information shared with?
In order to be able to carry out its commitments to its customers and other interested parties, Parmax may transfer to, or share information with third parties such as suppliers or subcontractors, authorized resellers and distributors or service providers. Parmax takes all reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure that the data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection upon transfer to or sharing with such third parties.
Authorities. Parmax may provide necessary information to the relevant authorities if required by law or if agreed by the customer.
What Parmax will NOT do with the data. Parmax will not sell the collected information to third parties.
Where does Parmax process its customers’ personal information?
Parmax processes the data within the EU/EEA. Parmax takes all reasonable legal, technical and organisational measures to ensure that the data is handled safely and with an adequate level of protection.
How long does Parmax save the data?
Data is saved as long as it is necessary to meet the purpose for which the data was collected or to fulfill Parmax’ commitments, and as long as required by statutory storage times, especially with regards to accounting requirements.
Customer’s rights of access, rectification and deletion
- Right to access the customer’s data. The customer is entitled to request information about what data Parmax has, and verify that information.
- Right to rectification. The customer is entitled to correct incorrect or incomplete information about him or her.
- Right to be deleted (“the right to be forgotten”). The customer is entitled to request the deletion of his or her personal data for those cases where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected. However, there may be legal obligations preventing from immediately deleting parts of the data. These obligations may come from accounting and tax legislation or other regulatory regulations.